Download one of our hosted services White Papers for free and learn more!
Freedom Of Information Act “Sunshine Laws”
The federal Freedom of Information Act and state “Sunshine Laws” are laws which govern public access to governmental records. They are also referred to as “Open Records” laws. The purpose of these laws is to provide access by all citizens to the activities of government agencies and officials. There are no specific guidelines on how long data must be kept but it must be delivered within 10 days of a request for information. The IT departments of these agencies are required to comply with these requests which, in the absence of an email archiving solution, typically includes the labor intensive process of restoring backup tapes and manually searching across multiple mailboxes. Quite often, this search for data yields only a fraction of the emails pertaining to the request.
Our Hosted Email Archiving Service ensures rapid deployment of email archiving for all government agencies. With secure capture of all emails and full text indexing of emails and attachments, Freedom of Information requests can be easily and quickly fulfilled with limited IT resources. Hosted Email Archiving customers also receive:
- Setup and configuration in minutes.
- Unlimited storage for a small monthly fee.
- Web-user interface intuitive for all skill levels. No training required for any employee.
- All emails are securely captured and full text indexing is available for all emails and attachments.
- All of your data is easily accessible 24x7 for immediate search.
- All federal regulations can easily be met with limited IT resources or no IT resources at all if you do not have an IT staff.
- Replication of data to multiple data centers.
- 99.999% uptime guarantee.
- 24 x 7 live U.S-based technical support available to you whenever you need it.
- 24 x7 server monitoring and maintenance.