Download one of our hosted services White Papers for free and learn more!
BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) for Exchange
Push Based Mobile Access
Push-based Mobile Access to Email: BlackBerry Enterprise Server uses push technology to automatically route the entire email message to the user’s BlackBerry® handheld (BlackBerry STORM, BlackBerry BOLD etc.), without the user needing to request or download the message. And with wireless email reconciliation, read/unread status, deletions and filing can be synchronized wirelessly between the user’s handheld and their PC.
Wireless Enterprise Solution
Productivity On The Go
- No need to have your PC running BlackBerry redirector; our servers do the forwarding for you
- Email forwarding (Push Technology) from your Exchange mailbox to your BlackBerry device
- Complete, two-way wireless synchronization of emails
- Messages read on BlackBerry are marked as read in Outlook
- Messages deleted on BlackBerry are deleted from Outlook
- Messages in inbox can be searched quickly from your BlackBerry device
- View email attachments (Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat, etc.) directly from BlackBerry
- Wirelessly sync calendar (and changes) between Outlook and BlackBerry
- Use 3rd party applications from BlackBerry via the Mobile Data Service (MDS). I.e., Instant Messaging
- Sync your contacts and calendar between Outlook and BlackBerry
New with BES (requires firmware code on handheld):
- Complete, two-way wireless synchronization of contacts, notes, and tasks.
- Complete, two-way wireless synchronization of read/unread status, sent items and filing of messages.
- Users can wirelessly set and manage their out-of-office auto-reply, change email filters and update their auto-signature.
- Enhanced Attachment Handling: view footnotes, tracked changes, embedded images within .doc and .pdf files, and images (jpg, bmp, gif, png, tiff) with controls (pan, zoom, rotate).
- No need to ever install any BlackBerry software.
- Global search: simultaneously search your emails, contacts, calendar, tasks, and notes.
- Calendar Enhancements: users can accept appointments tentatively, with or without comments, and get notified of meeting conflicts and adjacent meetings.
- Task enhancements: users can create recurring tasks and set a reminder date and time.
- Sent Item synchronization: messages sent from the user’s email client can now be sent to their device as a Sent Item.
- Support for PIM Categories: Users can benefit from the ability to use categories within the Address Book, MemoPad and Tasks applications.
- Support for additional Address Book fields: Users can make use of additional phone number fields, home and work addresses and a URL
- Company Address Lookup: Users can access the domain's GAL (Global Address List) to send emails to internal users.No need to have your PC running BlackBerry redirector; our servers do the forwarding for you