Download one of our hosted services White Papers for free and learn more!
Microsoft SharePoint Gives Strategic Value
Effective information sharing and collaboration is rapidly becoming a strategic platform advantage, but that advantage can be compromised if collaboration technologies are deployed in a piecemeal fashion.
- Fast time-to-market functionality, assuring you a quick, cost-effective deployment that can be integrated into daily business workflows in no time.
- Incremental deployment options, enabling you to implement collaboration capabilities within your organization's timeframe and budget.
- Easy and cost-effective extensibility, enabling you to build organization-specific solutions and work with well-managed, hosted services connecting customers, partners, and suppliers.
- Integration with familiar tools, enabling users to quickly and easily share information and collaborate with peers.
- Organization-wide standards, providing persistent security, management, and integration on a scalable platform.
How Hosted SharePoint Works
Microsoft SharePoint sites are made up of Web Parts and Windows ASP.NET-based components. Hosted SharePoint ships with a number of ready-to-use application templates; more will be available in the future from Microsoft and third-party vendors.
Microsoft Office System programs use SharePoint site content. All of a site's collaborative content—for example, documents, lists, events, task assignments, and membership rosters—can be read and edited within Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Office Excel, and Microsoft Office PowerPoint. Picture editing of Web-based photo libraries is also possible. Microsoft Office Outlook allows SharePoint site event calendars to be viewed side-by-side with personal calendars, and it also creates meeting-specific workspaces to augment group appointments - thereby making your Hosted Exchange solution with 123Together.com even more powerful.